Donnerstag, 18. Juni 2009

Why this name

Now I want to tell you why I choose this Nickname for myself and this would also explain the meaning of my blog-title.

It is very simple because it is only my favourite song of Bad Religion:

Epiphany

A new age of reason
Brain treason to trick the mind.
What good is searching
if nothing's there to find?
We arrive at this place
of no return my brothers:
Only to discover that our minds have led us away so far from the painful truth
of who we are.

Come forth bear witness,
see the profit from your loss.
Beg for forgiveness,
only after you tally the cost.
We arrive at this place
of no return my sisters:
Only to discover that our values ran us aground on the shoal in the sea of what
we could be.


If it's real for me do I have to prove it to you?
Why do revelations fade to cold blue untruths?
It's oh so relative!
Subservient in total to one's perspective.


What's right is wrong
what's come has gone
what's clear and pure is not so sure
[It came to me]
All promises become a lie
all that's benign corrupts in time


The fallacy of Epiphany






The last part is the refrain, but I shortened it to the most importent parts, without repeating the refrain.
I love this song and also this text.
We should all think more about it!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen